Or

5,797 Companies, 50,983 SEC Filings, 48,054,388 Financial Facts...
...and counting

XBRL Financial DataFrom Data Mill to Data Store

AsReported.com has developed a broad foundation for the extraction, standardization and storage of corporate financial data. This foundation encompasses quarterly and annual fundamental data, earnings announcements, guidance and ownership. Data collection processes are fully automated and based around XBRL taxonomies and standards. Storage is cloud-based and scalable.
 COMPANIES10Q'S10K'STOTAL
2017
Populated6,45715,8255,76821,593
Processed5,45010,6184,69915,317
2016
Populated6,83618,9986,30625,304
Processed4,16311,7543,35815,112
2015
Populated6,44918,6845,99124,675
Processed3,1139,1343,03512,169
2014
Populated5,97117,2945,47222,766
Processed2,9884,3682,7597,127
2013
Populated5,52715,7805,00320,783
Processed8704917601,251
2012
Populated5,12614,1214,61718,738
Processed2527
TOTAL
Populated7,277113,10834,956148,064
Processed5,79736,37014,61350,983

PROCESSING

AsReported.com processes XBRL digital documents in real time. Within minutes of a company's filing, our processing application will have performed the following tasks:

  • downloaded the files
  • extracted the raw data
  • validated as reported statements
  • tagged company extensions
  • computed standardized subtotals
  • created metrics dataset
  • submitted to cloud storage

LATEST DOCUMENTS

The primary sources of fundamental data are 10K and 10Q filings submitted quarterly to the SEC. This is as reported data and is 90% standardized. The remaining 10% requires tagging individual line items to the XBRL taxonomies. We've developed algorithms to automate this process. In addition to standardizing the data, we calculate fourth quarter income statements which are not otherwise reported, quarterly cash flow statements from year-to-date numbers, and ratios and other financial and non-financial metrics.

AsReported.com’s DataLab currently includes the following reports and analysis:

DATECOMPANYFILING DATEDOC TYPE
11-20-17ZEV VENTURES INC.11-20-1710Q
11-16-17WNC Housing Tax Credit Fund VI, L.P., Series 1311-16-1710Q
11-16-17WNC HOUSING TAX CREDIT FUND VI LP SERIES 911-16-1710Q
11-16-17WNC HOUSING TAX CREDIT FUND VI LP SERIES 1011-16-1710Q
11-14-17MOOG INC11-14-1710K
11-14-17MEWBOURNE ENERGY PARTNERS 09-A LP11-14-1710Q
11-14-17NETLIST INC11-14-1710Q
11-14-17MEWBOURNE ENERGY PARTNERS 10-A LP11-14-1710Q
11-14-17MEWBOURNE ENERGY PARTNERS 05-A LP11-14-1710Q
11-14-17MEWBOURNE ENERGY PARTNERS 04-A LP11-14-1710Q
11-14-17SUN BIOPHARMA INC11-14-1710Q
11-14-17UPLAND SOFTWARE INC11-14-1710Q
11-14-17AMERICAN EDUCATION CENTER INC11-14-1710Q
11-14-17OXIGENE INC11-14-1710Q
11-14-17MEWBOURNE ENERGY PARTNERS 03-A LP11-14-1710Q
11-14-17APPLIED ENERGETICS INC11-14-1710Q
11-14-17SINO GLOBAL SHIPPING AMERICA LTD11-14-1710Q
11-14-17CHINA JO-JO DRUGSTORES INC11-14-1710Q
11-14-17TELKONET INC11-14-1710Q
11-14-17MUSTANG BIO, INC.11-14-1710Q
MetricCOUNT
Data Tables 
Dimension Arcs 
Facts 
Labels 
Line Items 
Documents51,271
Periods84,023
Segments1,228,851
Concepts2,159,212

AGGREGATES

XBRL filings are extremely detailed and AsReported.com captures every data item and associated metadata. Our relational database model is designed to avoid duplication of items and because the underlying data is highly structured, queries against the data outperform other database alternatives, including noSQL.

EXCEL PLUGIN

Coming soon, an Excel plug-in that generates fully-customizable reports on demand, ready for modelling and analysis.

JSON API

AsReported.com has deployed an API to allow any authorized query for statements or analyses to be requested and transmitted via JSON file format. Below is a partial list of methods available under the API take from http://asreported.com/; any query type can and will be added to the method list based on user requests. API requests may be previewed in formatted HTML under AsReported.com’s JSON-to-HTML tab. This feature allows users to view query results prior to integrating into their applications.
image3

DATA STORAGE

AsReported.com utilizes state-of-the-art cloud storage technology with its Microsoft Azure SQL relational database, using its high-performance V12 server with a capacity of 500 GB. The specifications are shown here:

INTEGRATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS

Footnote detail can be integrated directly into the statements, providing instant access to roll-ups and line item components.

OWNERSHIP

AsReported.com has begun collection of institutional and mutual fund equity ownership data from SEC Form 13-F. This dataset will be fully-populated with a 5-year history within the next month.